Practical and easy to use, this human services text provides important guidelines for working within agencies. The authors address important topics germane to management and administration, including evidence-based and empirically based practice, as well as challenges of management, environments of human service agencies, program design, organizational theory and design, human resources, supervisory relationships, finances, information systems, program evaluation, organizational change, leadership, and achieving and maintaining organizational excellence. To help you view issues in action, the authors have included a case example in each chapter, along with reflection questions to help you reflect on how you would handle the scenario.
Table of Contents
1. Facing the Challenges of Management.
2. The Environments of Human Service Organizations.
3. Planning and Program Design.
4. Organizational Theory for Human Service Organizations.
5. Organization Design.
6. Developing and Managing Human Resources.
7. Building Supervisory Relationships.
8. Managing Finances to Meet Program Goals.
9. Designing and Using Information Systems.
10. Evaluating Human Service Programs.
11. Leading and Changing Human Service Organizations.
12. Achieving and Maintaining Organizational Excellence.