Focus on the information most important in preparing for the HR certification exam with a blend of practical HR concepts and proven HR practices found in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: ESSENTIAL PERSPECTIVES, 6th Edition. To further your professional success, this concise essentials text by leading HR authors Robert Mathis and John Jackson reviews today's most important laws and regulations and addresses the information most often used by human resource professionals. Easy to use and economical, the book introduces HR concepts and practices in a format that's applicable for practicing HR professionals in virtually all industries.
New chapter openers place concepts in a strong managerial context, making it easy to understand the importance and impact of the principles you are learning. Timely Internet resources and additional readings offer clear guidelines for further HR study in the areas that interest you. Discover the best in human resource management in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: ESSENTIAL PERSPECTIVES, 6th Edition.
Table of Contents
1. Human Resource Management's Role and Strategic Nature.
2. Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity.
3. Individuals/HR Planning/Job Analysis.
4. Staffing: Recruiting and Selection.
5. Training and Talent Management.
6. Performance Management and Appraisal.
7. Total Rewards and Compensation.
8. Variable Pay and Benefits.
9. Risk Management and Employee Relations.
10. Union/Management Relations.
APPENDIX A: Internet Resources.
APPENDIX B: Major Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Laws and Regulations.
APPENDIX C: Sample Application Form.
APPENDIX D: Guidelines to Lawful and Unlawful Pre-employment Inquiries.
APPENDIX E: Questions Commonly Asked in Selection Interviews.