Here is succinct, step-by-step guidance on developing and managing curriculum for early childhood education. Written by an experienced teacher in the field, this brief, easy-to-read book presents basic methods for meeting the needs of children and how to adapt them to existing programs. It also compares similar approaches in early childhood education, and helps teachers plan curriculum to maximize the time they can spend with the children and their parents. Teachers and parents alike will find this volume to be a very useful resource.
1. Curriculum for Young Children: As Valuable and as Much Fun as You Can Make It!
2. Considering Children's Needs: Facilitating Early Childhood Skill Development.
3. Early Curriculum Basics: Creativity, Play, and the Environment.
4. Environments for Young Children: Places for Curriculum.
5. Designing a Managed Curriculum: Beginning with Review and a Plan.
6. Activities for Young Children: Managing Good Ideas.
7. Physical Development: Health, Safety, and Nutrition; Movement; and Music and Rhythm Activities.
8. Affective and Aesthetic Development Activities for Young Children.
9. Cognitive and Language Development Activities for Young Children.
10. Professional Growth: Success with Curriculum Management.
Appendix A. Curriculum Activity Guides.
Appendix B. Reproducible Sample Forms.
"It is a really simple book and easy to use for students just starting out in the field."— Tamar Andrews, Santa Monica College
"Easy to follow, easy to read. Lots of examples."— Dawn Burgess, National University