Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process with students and faculty, STAT FOR THE BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today’s learners at a value-based price. Each chapter begins with a list of previously discussed concepts that students should review. Throughout each chapter, important points are emphasized by a "REMEMBER" summary reminder set off from the text. Summary tables and sections appear regularly and help organize and integrate the separate steps discussed in previous sections. Key terms are bold and in color. Graphs and diagrams are explained in captions and fully integrated into the discussion. Using What You Know sections at the end of each chapter ask students to apply their new knowledge to actual problems. A perforated review card is provided in the IE, which includes a chapter outline, learning outcomes, teaching tips, additional examples, key terms, and key formulas.
1. Introduction to Statistics and Research.
2. Creating and Using Frequency Distributions.
3. Summarizing Scores with Measures of Central Tendency.
4. Summarizing Score with Measures of Variability.
5. Describing Data with z-Scores and the Normal Standard Curve.
6. Using Probability to Make Decisions about Data.
7. Overview of Statistical Hypothesis Testing: The z-Test.
8. Hypothesis Testing Using the One-Sample t-Test.
9. Hypothesis Testing Using the Two-Sample t-Test.
10. Describing Relationships Using Correlation and Regression.
11. Hypothesis Testing Using the One-Way Analysis of Variance.
12. Understanding the Two-Way Analysis of Variance.
Chi Square and Nonparametric Procedures.
Appendix A: Additional Statistics.
Appendix B: Statistical Tables.
Appendix C: Answers to Odd-Numbered Questions.
To customize your learning solution, contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1111342067 | ISBN-13: 9781111342067
List Price = $74.95 | CengageBrain Price = $74.95