3,, 2,, 1 CODE IT! 2012 UPDATE 3rd Edition is your comprehensive learning resource for coding,, combining ICD-9-CM,, CPT,, and HCPCS Level II coding concepts into one convenient package for beginning and more experienced coders alike. This resource includes information about career opportunities for coders,, stresses the importance of joining professional organizations and obtaining credentials,, and explains how to develop opportunities for career advancement. When you are ready to earn a coding credential,, 3,, 2,, 1 CODE IT! 2012 UPDATE 3rd Edition will help you prepare and practice for your professional career.
Table of Contents
PART I: CODING OVERVIEW.
1. Overview of Coding.
PART II: ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, AND ICD-10-PCS CODING SYSTEMS.
2. Introduction to ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding.
3. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Convention.
4. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Guidelines.
5. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS Hospital Inpatient Coding.
6. ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding.
PART III: HEALTH CARE PROCEDURE CODING SYSTEM ((HCPCS)).
7. HCPCS Level II National Coding.
PART IV: CURRENT PROCEDURAL TERMINOLOGY ((CPT)) CODING SYSTEM.
8. Introduction to CPT Coding.
9. CPT Evaluation and Management.
10. CPT Anesthesia
11. CPT Surgery I.
12. CPT Surgery II.
13. CPT Surgery III.
14. CPT Surgery IV.
15. CPT Surgery V.
16. CPT Radiology.
17. CPT Pathology and Laboratory.
18. CPT Medicine.
PART V: INSURANCE AND REIMBURSEMENT OVERVIEW.
19. Insurance and Reimbursement.
Appendix I: E/M CodeBuilde.
Appendix II: ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
Appendix III: Coding Practice Using www.EncoderPro.com.
Inpatient ICD-9-CM Coding Quick Notes.
Outpatient ICD-9-CM Coding Quick Notes.
CPT Coding Quick Notes.