1. How Do We Know?
2. How Do We Find Out? The Logic, Art, and Ethics of Scientific Discovery.
3. Moving from Fact to Truth: Validity, Reliability, and Measurement.
4. Moving from Notions to Numbers: Psychological Measurement.
5. How Do We Misinterpret? Common Threats to Validity.
6. Nonexperimental Research Designs.
7. Experience Carefully Planned: Experimental Research Designs.
8. Experience Carefully Exploited: Quasi-Experimental Research Designs.
9. Choosing the Right Research Design.
10. A Brief Course in Statistics.
11. Telling the World About It.
12. Putting It All Together: Maximizing Validity with Multi-Method (and Highly Creative) Research.
13. Putting Your Knowledge to Work: 20 Methodology Problems.
Appendix 1. Hands-On Activities.
Appendix 2. Methodology Exercises.
Appendix 3. How to Describe the Results of Statistical Analyses.
Appendix 4. XXX-Box: The Effect of Sexualized Video Games on Players' Rape Supportive Responses.