Learning to program with Microsoft® Visual Basic has never been easier! CLEARLY VISUAL BASIC: PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT® VISUAL BASIC 2012, 3E by best-selling programming author Diane Zak uses a simple, proven, step-by-step approach that's ideal for learning a first programming language. Readers need no prior programming experience. Clear, brief chapters introduce Visual Basic -- today's most popular Microsoft® programming language -- in small, manageable segments without cumbersome technical jargon. This easy-to-follow book focuses on the fundamentals to ensure readers master essential programming and problem-solving skills they can easily transfer to other languages. This innovative text uses visualization and application to introduce the basics with the most recent version of Visual Basic 2012. Clear figures emphasize important programming concepts, while memorable new examples place concepts into a meaningful context. Expanded exercises let readers apply what they're learning, while mini-quizzes check their understanding. Unique "Want More Info?" PDF files let readers view extra examples and further explanations as needed. Trust CLEARLY VISUAL BASIC: PROGRAMMING WITH MICROSOFT® VISUAL BASIC 2012, 3E for the straight-forward, clear approach to Visual Basic today's beginners need for programming success.
1. I am Not a Control Freak! (Control Structures).
2. First You Need to Plan the Party (Problem-Solving Process).
3. I Need a Tour Guide (Introduction to Visual Basic 2012).
4. Do It Yourself Designing (Designing Interfaces).
5. The Secret Code (Assignment Statements).
6. Where Can I Store This? (Variables and Constants).
7. What's Wrong With It? (Syntax and Logic Errors).
8. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions (Selection Structure).
9. Time to Leave the Nest (Nested Selection Structures).
10. So Many Paths…So Little Time (Multiple-Path Selection Structures).
11. Testing, Testing…1, 2, 3 (Selecting Test Data).
12. How Long Can This Go On? (Pretest Loops).
13. Do It, Then Ask Permission (Posttest Loops).
14. Let Me Count the Ways (Counter Loops).
15. I'm On the Inside; You're On the Outside (Nested Loops).
16. I Hear You Are Breaking Up (Sub Procedures).
17. Talk to Me (Function Procedures).
18. A Ray of Sunshine (One-Dimensional Arrays).
19. Parallel and Dynamic Universes (More on One-Dimensional Arrays).
20. Table Tennis, Anyone? (Two-Dimensional Arrays).
21. Building Your Own Structure (Structures).
22. I'm Saving For the Future (Sequential Access Files).
23. The String Section (String Manipulation).
24. I'm Suffering from Information Overload (Access Databases).
25. This Missing "LINQ" (Querying a Database).
26. I Love This Class (Creating a Class).
27. Getting Web-Ified (Web Applications).
Appendix A. Data Types.
Appendix B. Answers to Mini-Quizzes and TRY THIS Exercises.