MASTERING COMPETENCIES IN FAMILY THERAPY: A PRACTICAL APPROACH TO THEORY AND CLINICAL CASE DOCUMENTATION, 2nd Edition provides a competency-based approach to teaching clinical skills in marriage and family therapy-an approach adopted by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT). Using a light and inviting tone, author Diane R. Gehart offers a comprehensive five-step model for competent treatment, which guides readers through case conceptualization, clinical assessment (diagnosis) and case management, treatment planning, evaluation of progress, and documentation. The book also includes an introduction to the importance of theory and evidence-based practice in all five steps, and a set of useful clinical forms that can be applied in practice environments. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
1. Competency and Theory in Family Therapy.
2. Research and Ethical Foundations of Family Therapy Theories.
3. Philosophical Foundations of Family Therapy Theories.
4. Systemic and Strategic Therapies.
5. Structural Family Therapy.
6. Experiential Family Therapies.
7. Intergenerational and Psychoanalytic Family Therapies.
8. Cognitive-Behavioral and Mindfulness-Based Couple and Family Therapies.
9. Solution-Based Therapies.
10. Collaborative and Narrative Therapies.
11. Evidence-Based Treatments in Couple and Family Therapy.
12. Evidence-Based Group Treatments for Couples and Families.
13. Case Conceptualization.
14. Clinical Assessment.
15. Treatment Planning.
16. Evaluating Progress in Therapy.
17. Document It: Progress Notes.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1305432096 | ISBN-13: 9781305432093
List Price = $145.95 | CengageBrain Price = $145.95
"I attribute my basis of knowledge and a comprehension of the theories to your excellent book. I even took your advice of refraining from reading fiction for a full two years. I loved that you wrote your book in a casual tone, and I love that you invited readers into the field. Your permission/invitation to us the reader fall in love with the theories completely transformed how I did school. I don't recall ever reading such a personal and comfortably written textbook in any of my past academic experiences."— Sherri Jacobs, MS, LMFT, MA, ATR, Friends University
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Test Bank for MASTERING COMPETENCIES IN FAMILY THERAPY: A PRACTICAL APPROACH TO THEORY AND CLINICAL CASE DOCUMENTATION, 2nd Edition INSTRUCTOR DESCRIPTION: For assessment support, the updated test bank includes true/false, multiple-choice, matching, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter.