TRANSPORTATION: A SUPPLY CHAIN PERSPECTIVE, 8E equips you with a solid understanding of what is arguably the most critical−and complex−component of global supply chains. It explains the fundamental role and importance of transportation in companies and in society, as well as the complex environment in which transportation service is delivered. Providing a framework and foundation for the role of transportation in supply chains, it offers an overview of the operating and service characteristics, cost structure, and challenges faced by today's providers of transportation. It also highlights a variety of critical transportation management issues, providing insight into the strategic activities and challenges involved in the movement of goods through the supply chain. Completely up to date, TRANSPORTATION emphasizes global topics throughout, includes the latest coverage of hard and soft technology, and offers in-depth discussions of fuel, energy, managerial, economic, and environmental issues.
Table of Contents
1. Transportation and Global Supply Chains.
2. Transportation and the Economy.
3. Transportation Regulation and Public Policy.
4. Transportation Costing and Pricing.
Suggested Readings for Part I.
5. Motor Carriers.
8. Water Carriers and Pipelines.
Suggested Readings for Part II.
9. Global Transportation and Risk Management.
10. Global Transportation Planning.
11. Global Transportation Execution.
12. Global Transportation Strategic Sourcing.
Suggested Readings for Part III.
13. Fuel Management.
14. Issues and Challenges for Global Supply Chains.
Suggested Readings for Part IV.