Providing essential information for business managers, computer programmers, system designers, as well as home computer users, DATABASE COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS, 8e provides a thorough introduction that includes coverage of the language of computer networks as well as the effects of data communications on business and society. Balancing technical concepts with everyday issues, it equips you with a solid understanding of the basic features, operations, and limitations of different types of computer networks. It offers full coverage of wireless technologies, industry convergence, compression techniques, network security, LAN technologies, VoIP, and error detection and correction. The Eighth Edition also offers up-to-the-minute coverage of near field communications, updated USB interface, lightning interface, and IEEE 802.11 ac and ad wireless standards, firewall updates, router security problems, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, zero-client workstations, and Internet domain names.
1. Introduction to Computer Networks and Data Communications.
2. Fundamentals of Data and Signals.
3. Conducted and Wireless Media.
4. Making Connections.
5. Making Connections Efficient: Multiplexing and Compression.
6. Errors, Error Detection, and Error Control.
7. Local Area Networks: Part 1.
8. Local Area Networks: Part 2.
9. Introduction to Metropolitan Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
10. The Internet.
11. Voice and Data Delivery Networks.
12. Network Security.
13. Network Design and Management.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, in your classroom, or through CengageNOW.