Integrate culturally competent principles to the beginning, middle, and ending stages of your work with culturally diverse clients using the resources in this casebook..CULTURAL COMPETENCE: PRACTICE STAGES AND CLIENT SYSTEMS: A CASE STUDY APPROACH brings together two practice themes--culturally competent practice and practice process stages--and applies these principles to ethnically diverse groups, gender and sexual orientation diverse groups, transitional diverse groups, and age-related diverse groups. Case studies and exercises.are included.
1. Cultural Competence and Process Stages.
2. Social Work Practice with First Nations Peoples.
3. Social Work Practice with African Americans.
4. Social Work Practice with Latino Americans.
5. Social Work Practice with Asian Americans.
6. Social Work Practice with the Multiracial and Multiethnic.
7. Social Work Practice with Women of Color.
8. Social Work Practice with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People.
9. Social Work Practice with Immigrants and Refugees.
10. Social Work Practice with Persons with Disabilities.
11. Social Work Practice with Older Adults of Color.
"How the content is presented (i.e. demographics, historical oppression, theory, skills and case studies) is very consistent with what we try to achieve in our curriculum content. Also the clear articulation of cultural competence is quite important for our students to understand."— Robyn Lugar, Indiana State University
"This is a substantive practice-oriented book that is filled with content relevant to all persons who are affiliated with social and human services. It is a useful source for students and social service professionals in all areas and contexts, including those engaged as administrators, managers, supervisors, community organizers and social service practitioners." "It provides good current content on cultural competence, practice and process stages, and it provides good case studies of diverse populations. It includes what I look for in a text: knowledge and skills for practice."— Rita Takahashi, San Francisco State University
"This text is very much needed because it brings together cultural competence and practice process steps."— Ruth Bounous, Our Lady of the Lake University
"Great balance of historical knowledge and its applicability to client experiences. Good case studies, and assistance with questions for discussion."— David Woody III, University of Texas, Arlington