MindTap® Counseling, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Corey's Theory and Practice of Group Counseling, 9th Edition
- Gerald Corey California State University, Fullerton (Emeritus)
- ISBN-10: 1305104560 | ISBN-13: 9781305104563
- © 2016 | Published
MINDTAP COUNSELING FOR COREY'S THEORY AND PRACTICE OF GROUP COUNSELING, 9E engages you to produce your best work – consistently. This online learning solution created to harness the power of technology to drive student success. This cloud-based platform integrates a number of learning applications (“apps”) into an easy-to-use and easy to access tool that supports a personalized learning experience. MindTap combines student learning tools-readings, video, multimedia, activities and assessments-into a singular Learning Path that guides you through your counseling course. You will be motivated with real world assignments and information that shows where you stand at all times – both individually and compared to the highest performers in class. Be assured you will focus on what’s most important to the instructor with a learning path designed specifically by the instructor and for your course. Master the most important information with built-in study tools that help students stay organized and efficient.
The MindTap Learning Path guides students through readings, multimedia, and activities designed to follow the learning taxonomy from basic knowledge and comprehension up to analysis and application. By hiding, rearranging, or adding your own content, you control what students see and when they see it and match the Learning Path to your course syllabus exactly.
PART 1: BASIC ELEMENTS OF GROUP PROCESS: AN OVERVIEW.
1. Introduction to Group Work.
2. Group Leadership.
3. Ethical and Professional Issues in Group Practice.
4. Early Stages in the Development of a Group.
5. Later Stages in the Development of a Group.
PART 2: THEORETICAL APPROACHES TO GROUP COUNSELING.
6. The Psychoanalytic Approach to Groups.
7. Adlerian Group Counseling.
8. Psychodrama in Groups.
9. The Existential Approach to Groups.
10. The Person-Centered Approach to Groups.
11. Gestalt Therapy in Groups.
12. Transactional Analysis in Groups.
13. Cognitive Behavioral Approaches in Groups.
14. Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy in Groups.
15. Choice Theory/Reality Therapy in Groups.
16. Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and Motivational Interviewing in Groups.
PART 3: INTEGRATION AND APPLICATION.
17. Comparisons, Contrasts, and Integration.
18. The Evolution of a Group: An Integrative Perspective.
To customize your learning solution, contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1305104579 | ISBN-13: 9781305104570
List Price = $80.00
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1305522494 | ISBN-13: 9781305522497
List Price = $99.95
ISBN-10: 1305783387 | ISBN-13: 9781305783386
List Price = $99.95
"This is the best book on the market for use in teaching a Group Counseling Class. It is very readable and my students enjoy it very much. I find the integrative emphasis to be valuable for future counselors. The sections on School Counseling, Multicultural issues, the balance between theory and practice make this a thorough, well rounded text book. "— Paul Blisard, Missouri State University
“I’m convinced that the higher course ratings and grades were, in large part, a result of students’ engagement. It was an unmitigated success.”— Robert Black, Global Business, SUNY Maritime College
“Almost across the board, students using MindTap improved on the main learning objectives of the class ...I’ve never seen any results like this.”— Carey Roberts, History, Arkansas, Technology University
“MindTap was very useful – it was easy to follow and everything was right there.”— Student
“I’m definitely more engaged because of MindTap.”— Student
“MindTap puts practice questions in a format that works well for me.”— Student