In language your students will understand and enjoy reading, Timothy Trull's CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY offers a concrete and well-rounded introduction to clinical psychology. A highly respected clinician and researcher, Dr. Trull examines the rigorous research training that clinicians receive, along with the empirically supported assessment methods and interventions that clinical psychologists must understand to be successful in the field. This new edition of Trull's bestselling text covers cutting-edge trends, as well as offers enhanced coverage of culture, gender and diversity, and contemporary issues of health care. Written to inspire students thinking of pursuing careers in the field of clinical psychology, this text is a complete introduction.
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY.
1. Clinical Psychology: An Introduction.
2. Historical Overview of Clinical Psychology.
3. Current Issues in Clinical Psychology.
4. Research Methods in Clinical Psychology.
5. Diagnosis and Classification of Psychological Problems.
Part II: CLINICAL ASSESSMENT.
6. The Assessment Interview.
7. The Assessment of Intelligence.
8. Personality Assessment.
9. Behavioral Assessment.
10. Clinical Judgment.
Part III: CLINICAL INTERVENTIONS.
11. Psychological Interventions.
12. Psychotherapy: The Psychodynamic Perspective.
13. Psychotherapy: Phenomenological and Humanistic-Existential Perspectives.
14. Psychotherapy: Behavioral and Cognitive-Behavioral Perspectives.
15. Group Therapy, Family Therapy, and Couples Therapy.
Part IV: SPECIALTIES IN CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY.
16. Community Psychology.
17. Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine.
19. Forensic Psychology.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Create, deliver, and customize tests and study guides (both print and online) in minutes with this easy-to-use assessment and tutorial system. ExamView offers both a Quick Test Wizard and an Online Test Wizard that guide you step-by-step through the process of creating tests, while the unique "WYSIWYG" capability allows you to see the test you are creating on the screen exactly as it will print or display online. You can build tests of up to 250 questions using up to 12 question types. Using ExamView's complete word-processing capabilities, you can enter an unlimited number of new questions or edit existing questions.
These Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides make it easy for you to incorporate images from the book into your lectures.