How can you use the study of philosophy to make progress toward solving environmental problems? ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS, FIFTH EDITION introduces you to ethical theory in new and easily understood ways. But most of all, this environmental ethics textbook shows you how we can work together to build a better future.
I. BASIC CONCEPTS.
1. Science, Ethics, and the Environment.
2. Ethical Theory and the Enivornment.
II. ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS AS APPLIED ETHICS.
3. Ethics and Economics: Managing Public Lands
4. Responsibilities to Future Generations: Sustainable Development
5. Responsibilities to the Natural World: From Anthropocentric to Nonanthropocentric Ethics.
III. THEORIES OF ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS
6. Biocentric Ethics and the Inherent Value of Life.
7. Wilderness, Ecology, and Ethics.
8. The Land Ethic.
9. Deep Ecology
10. Environmental Justice and Social Ecology.
12. Pluralism, Pragmatism, and Sustainability.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1133803067 | ISBN-13: 9781133803065
List Price = $146.95
ISBN-10: 1133903444 | ISBN-13: 9781133903444
List Price = $146.95 | CengageBrain Price = $146.95
ISBN-10: 1285473914 | ISBN-13: 9781285473918
List Price = $28.99 | CengageBrain Price = $28.99
"I have been using the text over a number of years now, so I am quite in favor of it. I think it illuminates many relevant issues very effectively through historic cases."— Joseph Chartkoff, Michigan State University
"It is a very good introductory text that 'covers the waterfront' in a coherent systematic fashion."— Patrick Walsh, University of Manitoba