FINANCIAL REPORTING, FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS, AND VALUATION, 8E is written with the premise that the user can learn financial statement analysis most effectively by performing the analysis on real-world companies. Wahlen/Baginski/Bradshaw's textbook will teach users how to integrate the concepts from economics, finance, business strategy, accounting, and other business disciplines through a unique six-step process.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Analysis, and Valuation.
2. Asset and Liability Valuation and Income Recognition.
3. Income Flows versus Cash Flows: Understanding the Statement of Cash Flows.
4. Profitability Analysis.
5. Risk Analysis.
6. Financing Activities.
7. Investing Activities.
8. Operating Activities.
9. Accounting Quality.
10. Forecasting Financial Statements.
11. Risk-Adjusted Expected Rates of Return and the Dividends Valuation Approach.
12. Valuation: Cash-Flow Based Approaches.
13. Valuation: Earnings-Based Approaches.
14. Valuation: Market-Based Approaches.
Appendix A: Financial Statements and Notes for PepsiCo, Inc. and Subsidiaries.
Appendix B (online): Management's Discussion and Analysis for PepsiCo, Inc. and Subsidiaries.
Appendix C (online): Financial Statement Analysis Package (FSAP).
Appendix D (online): Financial Statement Ratios: Descriptive Statistics by Industry and by Year.