RESEARCH METHODS AND STATISTICS: A CRITICAL THINKING APPROACH, 4e, successfully illustrates the integration between statistics and research methods by demonstrating the ways to use statistics in analyzing data collected during research. Jackson's combined text adopts an inviting narrative style that draws you into the material, helping you overcome the initial apprehension you may feel at having to learn both subject areas at once. She incorporates a student-friendly critical-thinking approach and presents examples and exercises to which you can relate. Jackson focuses on the logic of the process and the methodology aspect of research.
1. Thinking Like a Scientist.
2. Getting Started: Ideas, Resources, and Ethics.
3. Defining, Measuring, and Manipulating Variables.
4. Descriptive Methods.
5. Data Organization and Descriptive Statistics.
6. Correlational Methods and Statistics.
7. Probability and Hypothesis Testing.
8. Introduction to Inferential Statistics.
9. The Logic of Experimental Design.
10. Inferential Statistics: Two-Group Designs.
11. Experimental Designs with More Than Two Levels of an Independent Variable.
12. Complex Experimental Designs.
13. Quasi-Experimental and Single-Case Designs.
14. APA Communication Guidelines.
15. APA Sample Manuscript.
Appendix A: Statistical Tables.
Appendix B: Computational Formulas for ANOVAs.
Appendix C: Answers to Odd-Numbered Chapter Exercises and All Review Exercises.
Appendix D: Excel, SPSS, and TI84 Exercises.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1285268067 | ISBN-13: 9781285268064
List Price = $292.95 | CengageBrain Price = $292.95
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
This resource includes select art and tables from the text loaded into Microsoft® PowerPoint®.