Designed to provide readers with the most up-to-date information on the clinical applications of psychosocial occupational therapy, the thoroughly revised Third Edition of PSYCHOSOCIAL OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY: AN EVOLVING PRACTICE is an important addition to any occupational therapy library. With a novice friendly approach focusing on diagnosis, this book is filled with case illustrations to demonstrate therapy in clinical practice so that readers are prepared for working with actual clients in real-life contexts. Seven new chapters have been added to the third edition and cover topics such as recovery perspectives, mental health research in occupational therapy, mental health of infants, managing pain in occupational therapy, assessment and outcome measurement, psychosocial occupational therapy in the school setting, and occupational therapy in the military. With contributions from experts in the field and discussions of current developments in the profession, this book is an excellent resource for anyone interested in occupational therapy.
Table of Contents
PART I. UNDERSTANDING THE PERSON IN CONTEXT.
2.Environmental and Cultural Considerations.
3. Mental Health Research in Occupational Therapy.
PART II. THEORETICAL CONCEPTS.
4. The History and Philosophy of Psychosocial Occupational Therapy.
5. Psychological Theories and Their Treatment Methods in Mental Health Practice.
PART III. DIAGNOSIS AND DYSFUNCTION.
6. Psychopathology & The Diagnostic Process.
8. Mood Disorders.
9. Anxiety Disorders.
10. Personality Disorders.
PART IV - MENTAL HEALTH ACROSS THE LIFESPAN.
11. Mental Health of Infants: Attachment through the Lifespan.
12. Mental Health of Children.
13. Mental Health of Adolescents.
14. Mental Health of the Older Adult.
PART V. MENTAL HEALTH WITH PHYSICAL DISORDERS.
15. Psychosocial Issues in Physical Disability.
16. The Cognitive, Behavioral, and Psychosocial Sequelae of Brain Injury.
17. Managing Pain in Occupational Therapy: Integrating the Model of Human. Occupation and the Intentional Relationship Model.
PART VI. OCCUPATONAL THERAPY INTERVENTION.
18. Assessment, Evaluation and Outcome Measurement.
19. The Use of Psychosocial Methods and Interpersonal Strategies in Mental Health.
PART VII. SPECIALIZED ROLES FOR OT IN MENTAL HEALTH.
21. Occupational Therapy in Criminal Justice.
22. Psychosocial Occupational Therapy in the School Setting.
23. Vocational Programming.
24. Substance Abuse and Occupational Therapy.
25. Occupational Therapy in the Military: Working with Service Members in Combat and at Home.
26. Supervision in the Mental Health Setting.