In THE PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL COUNSELOR: AN ADVOCATE FOR STUDENTS, you'll explore the role of the counselor, program development, professional issues, diversity issues and crisis intervention. The book provides actual case examples and dialogues, as well as concrete skills and interventions that can be used in the school setting.
1. From Guidance Worker to Professional School Counselor.
2. The Professional School Counselor and Legal and Ethical Issues.
3. The Culturally Sensitive Professional School Counselor.
4. Students with Special Needs.
5. The Developmental, Comprehensive School Counselor Program.
6. The Professional School Counselor and Accountability.
7. The Professional School Counselor's Role in Career Development.
8. The Professional School Counselor's Role in Testing and Assessment.
9. The Internet's Influence on the School Counseling Profession.
10. Crisis Counseling and Critical Incident Management.
11. The School Counselor and Family Partnership.
12. Planning and Implementing Group Work in the Schools.
13. Expressive Arts in Counseling Children and Adolescents.
14. The Supervision Process and the Professional School Counselor as a Consultant.
"Jeannine Studer’s book on the role of the professional school counselor as an advocate for students is an excellent resource and class text for an introduction or foundations of school counseling course. Her book offers the breadth required by this topic and an array of pragmatic, hands-on activities required by counseling students. Two components of this text in particular make it a first-rate resource for school counselors and school counselor educators. First, the book’s broad makeup increases its value not only as an introductory text but as a useful resource for several courses in the field of counselor education. Second, the book’s wealth of activities, exercises, and case examples aid in the instruction of this material and in students’ learning and comprehension."— Aaron Oberman, University of West Virginia
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.