Intended for those who want to make a difference in today's modern society, this comprehensive book explores the theory and methods in nine arenas of macro social work at the community, organizational, societal, and global levels of practice. THE PRACTICE OF MACRO SOCIAL WORK, Fourth Edition, challenges readers to use their concern, values, and critical thinking skills to assist those who struggle and have been excluded from making decisions that affect their lives--and to empower these less fortunate individuals to reclaim a healthy social environment for themselves and their children. The book's generalist orientation provides an organizational framework as well as history, biographical material on leading macro social workers, illustrative contemporary examples, and factual data that offers real life detail. Most important is the depth and wealth of practical information that assists readers in understanding how to help people engage in solving social problems, and in influencing social change to bring about a more just society and humane global civilization.
Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of the Practice of Macro Social Work.
Part I: PRACTICE OF HELPING INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS SOLVE PROBLEMS AND MAKE SOCIAL CHANGE.
2. Action-Social Model of Macro Social Work.
3. Helping Individuals and Groups: Generalist Social Work Practice.
4. Conventional and Social Problems.
5. Solving Problems and Making Social Change.
Part II: SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE WITH COMMUNITIES.
7. The Practice of Community Research and Planning.
8. The Practice of Community Development.
9. The Practice of Community Organizing.
Part III: SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE WITH ORGANIZATIONS.
10. Social Organizations.
11. Creating New Social Organizations.
12. The Practice of Social Administration.
13. The Practice of Organization Development.
Part IV: SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE AT THE NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVELS.
13. Advocacy and Social Action: Making a Good Society.
14. The Practice of Social Work at the Global Level.