Are you interested in learning to program computers? PROGRAMMING FOR THE ABSOLUTE BEGINNER, SECOND EDITION is a friendly guide that will teach you the fundamentals of computer programming through the hands-on (and fun!) development of computer games. This book teaches programming using Just BASIC, a free, easy-to-learn software that lets you create programs for computers running Windows. Popular author and educator Jerry Ford, Jr., teaches you fundamental programming principles and gives you a broad view of computer programming and its many possibilities. As you work through this book, you will not only learn the basics of programming, but you’ll also build a foundation from which you can advance into other programming languages with confidence. Get started programming today with PROGRAMMING FOR THE ABSOLUTE BEGINNER, SECOND EDITION.
Part 1: INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER PROGRAMMING.
1. Introduction to Programming.
2. Creating Programs with JustBASIC.
3. Creating Graphical User Interfaces.
Part 2: LEARNING HOW TO WRITE BASIC PROGRAMS.
4. Working with Variables and Arrays.
5. Making Decisions with Conditional Logic.
6. Using Loops to Process Data.
7. Improving Program Organization with Functions and Subroutines.
Part 3: ADVANCED PROGRAMMING TOPICS.
8. Working with Text Files.
9. Working with Sound and Graphics.
10. Arcade-Style Computer Game Development.
11. Debugging Your Applications.
Part 4: APPENDICES.
Appendix A: What’s on the Companion Website?
Appendix B: What’s Next?