Hands-On Microsoft Windows Server 2008 is the perfect resource for learning Windows Server 2008 from the ground-up! Designed to build a foundation in basic server administration, the book requires no previous server experience. It covers all of the critical Windows Server 2008 features, including the features unique to this new server operating system, from Windows Server 2008 features and versions to installing, configuring, and using Hyper-V virtual server capabilities. Like other books in the widely successful Hands-On series, a variety of hands-on projects are located throughout each chapter, which can be completed in server console, remote connection, Internet, and virtual server environments.
1. Introduction to Windows Server 2008.
2. Installing Windows Server 2008 43.
3. Configuring the Windows Server 2008 Environment 87.
4. Introduction to Active Directory and Account Management 133.
5. Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting Resource Access 181.
6. Configuring Windows Server 2008 Printing 225.
7. Configuring and Managing Data Storage 265.
8. Managing Windows Server 2008 Network Services 303.
9. Configuring Remote Access Services 345.
10. Securing Windows Server 2008 393.
11. Server and Network Monitoring 445.
12. Managing System Reliability and Availability.
APPENDIX A - Windows Server 2008 Virtualization 527.
APPENDIX B - A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Server Virtualization Software 535.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1111649677 | ISBN-13: 9781111649678
List Price = $328.95 | CengageBrain Price = $328.95
ISBN-10: 1435470230 | ISBN-13: 9781435470231
List Price = $144.95 | CengageBrain Price = $144.95
ISBN-10: 1133261795 | ISBN-13: 9781133261797
List Price = $249.95
ISBN-10: 1133397255 | ISBN-13: 9781133397250
List Price = $158.95 | CengageBrain Price = $158.95
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.