GUIDE TO SUPPORTING MICROSOFT PRIVATE CLOUDS instructs network administrators how to effectively implement and maintain Microsoft® private clouds with a balance of conceptual expertise and hands-on skills. This text prepares you to work with large providers, such as Amazon, Microsoft®, and Google, as well as implement smaller scale cloud computing solutions within your own network environment. It begins with a thorough conceptual foundation. Successive chapters help refine key skills needed to implement private cloud stations using Microsoft® technologies, including Windows® Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V virtualization, Virtual Machine Manager, Self-Service Portal, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Storage Server, Failover Cluster Manager, and Windows® PowerShell. You complete more than 75 team lab activities as you learn to put a high-availability cluster into place to support a Microsoft® private cloud.
1. Introduction to the Private Cloud.
2. Creating and Managing Virtual Machines.
3. Configuring the Hyper-V Environment.
4. Installing and Using Virtual Machine Manager.
5. Working with Virtual Machines.
6. Installing and Using the Self-Service Portal.
7. Using the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
8. Implementing High Availability in the Private Cloud.
9. Managing High-Availability Clusters.
10. Managing the Private Cloud with PowerShell.