Delmar 's CLINICAL HANDBOOK FOR THE MEDICAL OFFICE, 3rd Edition explains the medical assisting duties performed in offices and clinical settings today. Organized in a chart format for quick reference and easy reading, the book explores documentation, terms and abbreviations, telephone assessments, lab and x-ray procedures, commonly prescribed drugs, and much more. This ideal reference for anyone in ambulatory care also includes sections on OB-GYN and pediatric screening and procedures, as well as an all-new, coordinating pocket guide—for medical assisting on the move!
1. Abbreviations, Symbols, and Commonly Misspelled Terms.
2. Documentation Basics and Conducting In-Office Screenings.
3. Telephone Screenings.
4. Common Procedures in General Practice.
5. Pediatric Screenings and Procedures.
6. OB-GYN Screenings and Procedures.
7. Pharmacology References and Procedures.
8. Laboratory References and Procedures.
9. X-Ray and Diagnostic Examinations (Prep).
10. Emergency Procedures.
11. Hugs in the Hallway.