PRO TOOLS 101: AN INTRODUCTION TO PRO TOOLS 10 takes a comprehensive approach to learning the fundamentals of Pro Tools systems. Now updated for Pro Tools 10 software, this new edition from the definitive authority on Pro Tools covers everything you need to know to complete a Pro Tools project. Learn to build sessions that include multitrack recordings of live instruments, MIDI sequences, and virtual instruments. Through hands-on tutorials, develop essential techniques for recording, editing, and mixing. The included DVD-ROM offers tutorial files and videos, additional documentation, and Pro Tools sessions to accompany the projects in the text.
Part I: BACKGROUND INFORMATION.
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools.
2. Getting Inside Pro Tools.
Part II: WORKING WITH SESSIONS.
3. Creating Your First Session.
4. Making Your First Audio Recording.
5. Importing Media into Your Session.
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording.
7. Selecting and Navigating.
8. Basic Editing Techniques.
9. Basic Mixing Techniques.
10. Finishing Your Work.
Part III: HANDS-ON PROJECTS.
11. Prelude. Project Introduction and Setup.
12. Project 1. Music Hands-On Project.
13. Project 2. Post Hands-On Project.
14. Part IV: Course Completion.
15. Overview. Information for Course Completion.