Prepare for couples work with COUNSELING AND THERAPY FOR COUPLES! This counseling text includes wide coverage of topics in couples counseling, giving you exposure to the key issues and the varieties of couples with which you will be working. Numerous case examples and role-play scenarios illustrate the application of concepts to real-life situations. The integrative model discussed in the text encourages you to identify workable goals and lead couples to agreement, rather than spending time analyzing the personalities of each individual.
PART I. PRINCIPLES, EVALUATION, AND PLANNING.
1. The Couple as a Unique System.
2. Theories of Couples Therapy: Part One.
3. Theories of Couple Therapy: Part Two.
4. An Integrative Model for Couples Therapy.
5. The Assessment of Couples and Their Problems.
6. Goal Setting and Treatment Planning with Couples.
PART II.COMMON TREATMENT STRATEGIES AND ISSUES IN THE LIFE OF A COUPLE.
7. Treatment Strategies that Can be Applied to Multiple Couples Issues.
8. Treating Communication Problems: Issues and Skills.
9. Intimacy and Sexuality.
10. Conflict: Negotiation and Resolution.
11. Divorcing Couples.
12. Infidelity in Relationships.
PART III. SPECIAL CHALLENGES.
13. Counseling Couples with Alcohol Problems.
14. Blending Couples.
15. Same-Sex Couples.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor's Manual is available to adopters via email. Please contact your Cengage Learning representative for details.