VMware ESXi is the easiest way to get started with virtualization -- and it’s free. It allows administrators to consolidate their applications onto fewer servers and start saving money through reduced hardware, power, cooling, and administration costs. VMware ESXi has been optimized and tested to run even their most resource-intensive applications and databases with minimal performance overhead. "VMware ESXi: Planning, Implementation, and Security" covers the key features critical to successfully planning for and implementing VMware’s ESXi. The book is perfect for current VMware VI3 and vSphere administrators who may be planning their migration to vSphere ESXi. These users may have some experience with ESXi but not yet have it deployed within their production environment. This book provides the guidance to implement ESXi in their environment, ensuring a smooth transition from their current deployment of ESX.
1. Introduction to VMware ESXi 4.1.
2. Getting Started with a Quick Install.
3. Management Tools.
4. Installation Options.
5. Migrating from ESX.
6. System Monitoring and Management.
7. Securing ESXi.
8. Scripting and Automation with the vCLI.
9. Scripting and Automation with PowerCLI.
10. Patching and Updating ESXi.
11. Under the Hood with the ESXi Tech Support Mode.