Part of the Practical series, this text offers an engaging, interactive approach to teaching PC concepts. With a Frequently Asked Questions format, this text provides information on concepts, skills, and tips on becoming a more proficient computer user in a friendly, accessible approach. The companion BookOnCD features videos, animations, screen tours, and activities, giving students hands-on experience with their PC.
Before You Begin.
PART I: PC BASICS.
1. Getting Started.
2. Looking at Windows.
3. Installing and Using Software.
PART II: COMPUTER FILES.
4. File Basics.
5. Organizing Files and Folders.
6. Protecting Files.
PART III: THE INTERNET, THE WEB, AND E-MAIL.
7. Connecting to the Internet.
8. Browsing and Searching the Web.
9. Sending E-Mail and Attachments.
PART IV: APPLICATION SOFTWARE.
10. Writing and Printing Documents.
11. Working with Spreadsheets.
12. Accessing Databases.
13. Making Presentations.
PART V: GRAPHICS, SOUND, AND VIDEO.
14. Recording and Editing Sound.
15. Working with Graphics.
16. Creating Desktop Video and Animation.
PART VI: CHIPS AND CODE.
17. Looking "Under the Hood".
18. Computing Programming.