Learn the latest in respiratory care for newborns and children from COMPREHENSIVE PERINATAL AND PEDIATRIC RESPIRATORY CARE, 4E. This newly updated book is clear, consistent, and easy for you to follow. Comprehensive coverage of fetal development of the cardiopulmonary system, is followed by respiratory care of neonatal and pediatric patients, and progresses into causes and care of respiratory illnesses. It provides discussion of the ventilation and oxygenation needs of neonatal and pediatric patients including information on both conventional and special techniques. Topics unique to this book, such as care of parents and home care, are discussed in detail. COMPREHENSIVE PERINATAL AND PEDIATRIC RESPIRATORY CARE, 4E provides you with the theory and clinical expertise necessary to embark on your career and meet the challenges presented in a rapidly changing health care environment.
Table of Contents
Unit 1. THE NEONATAL PATIENT.
1. Embryologic Development of the Cardiopulmonary System.
2. Assessment of Fetal Growth and Development.
3. Labor, Delivery, and Physiologic Changes after Birth.
4. Techniques of Neonatal Resuscitation and Stabilization.
5. Neonatal Assessment.
6. Respiratory Care Procedures for the Neonate.
7. Continuing Care of the Neonate.
8. Perinatal Lung Disease and Other Problems of Prematurity.
9. Causes of Persistent Perinatal Illnesses.
Unit 2. THE PEDIATRIC PATIENT.
10. Techniques of Pediatric Resuscitation and Stabilization.
11. Assessment of the Pediatric Patient.
12. Respiratory Care Procedures for the Pediatric Patient.
13. Continuing Care of the Pediatric Patient.
14. Pediatric Diseases Requiring Respiratory Care.
Unit 3. GENERAL CONCEPTS OF CLINICAL MEDICINE.
16. Assessment of Oxygenation and Ventilation.
17. Chest X-Ray Interpretation.
Unit 4. MANAGEMENT OF VENTILATION AND OXYGENATION.
18. Concepts of Mechanical Ventilation.
19. Management of the Patient Ventilator System.
20. Common Ventilators and Monitors.
21. Special Procedures and Non-conventional Ventilatory Techniques.
Unit 5. ADVANCED AND SPECIATLY CARE.
22. Perinatal Transport.
23. Home Care.
24. Care of the Parents.