The world of organizations is no longer defined by national boundaries--and neither are today's successful business leaders. Stay ahead of the curve with INTERNATIONAL DIMENSIONS OF ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR, the proven and respected text that breaks down the conceptual, theoretical, and practical boundaries limiting our ability to understand and work with people in countries and cultures around the world. Adler's hallmark approach views global complexity as neither unpredictable nor random; rather, she demonstrates that variations across cultures and their impacts on organizations follow systematic, predictable patterns. With a blend of substance and readability, INTERNATIONAL DIMENSIONS OF ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR is both authoritative and richly detailed.
Table of Contents
Part One: THE IMPACT OF CULTURE ON ORGANIZATIONS.
1. Culture and Management.
2. How Cultural Differences Affect Organizations.
3. Communicating Across Cultures.
Part Two: LEVERAGING CULTURAL DIVERSITY.
4. Creating Cultural Synergy.
5. Managing Multicultural Teams.
6. Leading Globally.
7. Motivating People from Around the World: Inspiring People to Contribute.
8. Multinational Decision Making.
9. Negotiating Globally.
Part Three: MANAGING GLOBAL MANAGERS.
10. Managing Cross-Cultural Transitions: Moving Abroad and Coming Home.
11. A Portable Life: The Expatriate Spouse.
12. Global Careers: Succeeding in the 21st Century.