Reflecting the latest practices, trends, and emerging developments, PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH, 4E guides you step by step through the management of all supply chain activity--including issues related to both domestic and global supply chains. Comprehensive, one-of-a-kind coverage encompasses operations, purchasing, logistics, and process integration. The book's balanced approach follows the natural flow through the supply chain. Well-organized chapters demonstrate the practical applications of supply chain management in today's workplace, and intriguing SCM Profiles provide a wealth of real-world business examples. In addition, relevant end-of-chapter questions and problems help you put what you learn into practice.
Table of Contents
Part I: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: AN OVERVIEW.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management.
Part II: SUPPLY ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
2. Purchasing Management.
3. Creating and Managing Supplier Relationship.
4. Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing.
Part III: OPERATIONS ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
5. Demand Forecasting.
6. Resource Planning Systems.
7. Inventory Management.
8. Process Management--Lean and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain.
Part IV: DISTRIBUTION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
9. Domestic U.S. and Global Logistics.
10. Customer Relationship Management.
11. Global Location Decisions.
12. Service Response Logistics.
Part V: INTEGRATION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
13. Supply Chain Process Integration.
14. Performance Measurement Along the Supply Chain.