Cognitive Neuroscience, 3rd Edition
- Marie T. Banich University of Colorado at Boulder
- Rebecca J. Compton Haverford College
- ISBN-10: 0840032986 | ISBN-13: 9780840032980
- 640 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2004, 1997
- © 2011 | Published
This text balances experimental and clinical perspectives with a survey of a variety of mental functions. In a conversational style, the authors provide clear, accessible explanations of difficult concepts, making use of analogies and case studies to illustrate them. A consistent structure throughout each chapter defines a mental function and the role of each part or parts of the brain in that function, followed by a discussion of what neuropsychological syndromes say about the cognitive and neural organization of the mental function.
PART I: FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Intro to the Nervous System.
2. How Neurons Communicate.
4. Lateralization of Function.
PART II: NEURAL BASES OF MENTAL FUNCTIONS.
5. Motor Control.
6. Early Perceptual Processing.
7. Object Recognition.
8. Spatial Processing.
12. Executive Function.
13. Emotion & Social Processing.
PART III: BROAD-BASED PHENOMENA.
15. Plasticity and Development.
16. Generalized Cognitive Disorders.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.