Personality, 8th Edition
- Jerry M. Burger Santa Clara University
- ISBN-10: 0495813966 | ISBN-13: 9780495813965
- 544 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2004, 2000
- © 2011 | Published
- Newer Edition Available
Jerry Burger’s PERSONALITY is the respected, recognized best-seller in the market, providing a solid mid-level book that fuses the best of theory-based and research-based instruction to give students a powerful introduction to personality. Burger pairs "theory, applications, and assessment" chapters with chapters that describe the research programs aligned with every major theoretical approach. Biographical sketches of theorists and accounts of the stories behind influential research programs help students understand how classic and contemporary findings relate to each other, and reinforce the idea that theory and research perpetuate one another. To round out the text, in-text self-assessments and a Study Guide (available separately) get students to interact with the material
1. What Is Personality?
2. Personality Research Methods.
3. The Psychoanalytic Approach: Freudian Theory, Application and Assessment.
4. The Freudian Approach: Relevant Research.
5. The Psychoanalytic Approach: Neo-Freudian Theory, Application and Assessment.
6. The Neo-Freudian Theories: Relevant Research.
7. The Trait Approach: Theory, Application, and Assessment.
8. The Trait Approach: Relevant Research.
9. The Biological Approach: Theory, Application, and Assessment.
10. The Biological Approach: Relevant Research.
11. The Humanistic Approach: Theory, Application, and Assessment.
12. The Humanistic Approach: Relevant Research.
13. The Behavioral/Social Learning Approach: Theory, Application, and Assessment.
14. The Behavioral/Social Learning Approach: Relevant Research.
15. The Cognitive Approach: Theory, Application and Assessment.
16. The Cognitive Approach: Relevant Research.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1111654468 | ISBN-13: 9781111654467
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
By Thomas L. Wilson of Bellarmine University. Streamline and maximize the effectiveness of your course preparation using such resources as classroom demonstrations and exercises, assignments and projects, and handouts. This time-saving resource also includes a Test Bank that offers approximately 50 multiple-choice, 5 short answer, and 5 true/false questions per chapter.
These electronic transparencies include many of the figures and tables from the text, provided on eBank for convenient use with Microsoft PowerPoint.
Featuring automatic grading, ExamView® allows you to create, deliver, and customize tests and study guides (both print and online) in minutes. See assessments onscreen exactly as they will print or display online. Build tests of up to 250 questions using up to 12 question types and enter an unlimited number of new questions or edit existing questions.
The case studies in PERSONALITY THEORIES WORKBOOK, 4e, help students learn and apply personality theories to real-life examples of typical--rather than abnormal--behavior. While most personality texts present just the major concepts of personality theories, Donna Ashcraft’s unique workbook ensures that students thoroughly understand examples and enables students to put theories into practice. The text’s wide range of case studies is accompanied by questions that guide students through an analysis of the case, prompting them to consider how a particular theorist would view it. A variety of questions helps students apply each theory to real-world examples, while resources such as theory comparison questions ensure that students understand the differences between each theory. Succinct, affordable, and accessible, PERSONALITY THEORIES WORKBOOK, 4e, combines an excellent assortment of cases with critical-thinking questions and greater application of theories to students’ personal lives. The result is solid student understanding.
The perfect way to prepare for exams and get the grade you want! Easy access to learning objectives, important concepts, review, and quizzing.