State and Local Government, 8th Edition
- Ann O'M. Bowman Texas A&M University
- Richard C. Kearney North Carolina State University
- ISBN-10: 0495802654 | ISBN-13: 9780495802655
- 576 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2008, 2005, 2002
- © 2011 | Published
In the new Eighth Edition of STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT, this best-selling text continues to provide comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of institutions, political behavior, and policy-making at the state and local level. The book's theme of increased capacity and responsiveness of state and local government conveys excitement about politics at the grassroots level and is pro public service.
1. New Directions for State and Local Government.
2. Federalism and the States.
3. State Constitutions.
4. Citizen Participation and Elections.
5. Political Parties, Interest Groups, and Campaigns.
6. State Legislatures.
8. Public Administration: Budgeting and Service Delivery.
9. The Judiciary.
10. The Structure of Local Government.
11. Local Leadership and Governance.
12. State-Local Relations.
13. State and Local Finance.
14. Economic Development.
15. Education Policy.
16. Criminal Justice.
17. Social Welfare and Health Care Policy.
18. Environmental Policy.
Convenient, cost-effective bundles provide additional resources to boost student engagement. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
Bundle: Text + U.S. Politics Atlas
ISBN-10: 1111290571 | ISBN-13: 9781111290573
"It is student friendly and a good read. It is well written with several features and ancillary packages that enhance instruction and student learning...However, Bowman/ Kearney does it better, with clarity, and ease of understanding in an introductory text than the competition." Dr. Mohamed Yamba, California University of Pennsylvania
— Dr. Mohamed Yamba
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About the Solution" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition. For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Companion Website for State and Local Government, Eighth Edition, located at www.cengage.com/politicalscience/bowman/stateandlocalgov8e, gives students access to tutorial quizzes, learning objectives, chapter glossaries, flash cards, crossword puzzles, and Internet links. Instructors also have access to the PowerPoint® slides and Instructor's Manual.