Table of Contents
1. About this Book.
2. Building Your Foundation as a Helper.
3. Understanding Nonverbal Behavior.
4. Ingredients of an Effective Helping Relationship.
5. Listening Responses.
6. Influencing Responses.
7. Conceptualizing and Assessing Client Problems, Concerns, and Contexts.
8. Conducting an Interview Assessment With Clients.
9. Identifying, Defining, and Evaluating Outcome Goals.
10. Clinical Decision-Making and Treatment Planning.
11. Imagery and Modeling Strategies.
12. Reframing, Cognitive Modeling, and Problem Solving Strategies.
13. Cognitive Change and Cognitive Restructuring Strategies.
14. Stress Management Strategies.
15. Meditation and Relaxation Strategies.
16. Exposure Strategies.
17. Self-Management Strategies: Self-Monitoring, Stimulus Control, Self-Reward, and Self-Efficacy.
18. Strategies for Working With Resistance: Solution-Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title’s "About the Solution" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
eBank Instructor's Manual with Test Bank
(ISBN-10: 0495390984 | ISBN-13: 9780495390985)
Thoroughly updated for this new edition by Beth Robinson, Ph.D., the Test Bank with Instructor's Resources is available electronically via email by contacting the Academic Resource Center at 1-800-423-0563. The Instructor's Resources without test items will also be available on the companion website at http://academic.cengage.com/counseling/cormier.
(ISBN-10: 0495506915 | ISBN-13: 9780495506911)