Data Communications and Computer Networks: A Business User's Approach, 6th Edition
- Curt White DePaul University
- ISBN-10: 0538452617 | ISBN-13: 9780538452618
- 528 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2009, 2007, 2004
- © 2011 | Published
- Newer Edition Available
Data communications and computer networks are becoming increasingly more important--today's business world could not function without either. DATABASE COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS offers a balance between technical and practical aspects of data communication. Business managers, computer programmers, system designers, and home computer users alike need a through understanding of the basic features, operations, and limitations of different types of computer networks. DATA COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS introduces concepts that help the reader achieve an in-depth understanding of the often complex topic of data communications and computer networks by balancing the more technical aspects and the everyday practical aspects. The sixth edition retains many of the elements that made the fifth edition so popular, including readability and coverage of the most current technologies. This book offers full coverage of wireless technologies, industry convergence, compression techniques, network security, LAN technologies, VoIP, and expanded coverage of error detection and correction.
1. Introduction to Computer Networks and Data Communications.
2. Fundamentals of Data and Signals.
3. Conducted and Wireless Media.
4. Making Connections.
5. Making Connections Efficient: Multiplexing and Compression.
6. Errors, Error Detection, and Error Control.
7. Local Area Networks: The Basics.
8. Local Area Networks: Software and Support Systems.
9. Introduction to Metropolitan Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
10. The Internet.
11. Voice and Data Delivery Networks.
12. Network Security.
13. Network Design and Management.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About the Solution" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition. For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
All instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Most are also available at the Instructor Downloads section of www.cengage.com/coursetechnology, accessible to instructors with a username and password. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, the instructor resources are unique to the textbook. Items such as an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, ExamView test bank, Syllabi, Student Data Files, and Solution Files are offered. Contact your sales rep for more information.