UNDERSTANDING ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS: A Worktext, is designed to help your students master the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding systems. This hands-on, full-color worktext is fully illustrated to emphasize the impact that knowledge of anatomy and disease processes have on coding accuracy. Practice exercises are provided throughout, and Coding Assignments and Case Studies provide real-world coding practice. The Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10 are included as an Appendix and are explained throughout each chapter. Learning exercises, key terms, chapter reviews, coding assignments, case studies and internet links are also incorporated in each chapter. A free StudyWare CD-ROM with quizzes, flashcards, and multimedia coding cases, and 30-day free trial of EncoderPro (with ICD-10 codes) is included with the book. Instructor Resources with an instructor’s manual, computerized test bank, presentations in PowerPoint, and a WebTutor™ online course management system for Blackboard are also available.
Additional Product Information
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Coding and Coding Professions.
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM.
3. ICD-10-CM Coding Conventions.
4. Steps in Diagnostic Code Selection.
5. Diagnostic Coding Guidelines.
6. Infectious and Parasitic Diseases.
8. Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs.
9. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases.
10. Mental and Behavioral Disorders.
11. Diseases of the Nervous System.
12. Disorders of the Eye and Adnexa.
13. Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process.
14. Diseases of the Circulatory System.
15. Diseases of the Respiratory System.
16. Diseases of the Digestive System.
17. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue.
18. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissues.
19. Diseases of the Genitourinary System.
20. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium.
21. Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period.
22. Congenital Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal.
23. Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical Laboratory Findings.
24. Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes.
25. External Causes of Morbidity.
26. Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services.
27. Introduction to ICD-10-PCS.
28. Medical and Surgical Section.
29. Obstetrics Section.
30. Placement Section.
31. Administration Section.
32. Measurement and Monitoring Section.
33. Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance.
34. Osteopathic, Chiropractic, and Other Procedure Sections.
35. Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Oncology.
36. Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology Section.
37. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment.