Show your students how to master and maximize enterprise resource planning (ERP) software -- which continues to become more critical in business today –- with the latest edition of Monk/Wagner's successful CONCEPTS IN ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING. Equip students to use ERP tools to increase growth and productivity as they learn how to effectively combine an organization's numerous functions into one comprehensive, integrated system. CONCEPTS IN ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING, 4E reflects the latest trends and updates in ERP software while demonstrating how to make the most of this important technology.
The authors introduce the basic functional areas of business and how they are related. The book demonstrates how information systems that are not effectively integrated fail to support business functions and business processes that extend across functional area boundaries. By contrast, students clearly see how integrated information systems help organizations improve business process and provide managers with accurate, consistent, and current data for making informed strategic decisions. All-new sidebar cases and real examples throughout this edition not only thoroughly introduce the practical aspects of enterprise resource planning, but also prepare readers for ongoing ERP success in business today and tomorrow.
Table of Contents
1. Business Functions and Business Processes.
2. The Development of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems.
3. Marketing Information Systems and the Sales Order Process.
4. Production and Supply Chain Management Information Systems.
5. Accounting in ERP Systems.
6. Human Resources Processes with ERP.
7. Process Modeling, Process Improvement, and ERP Implementation.
8. ERP and Electronic Commerce.