Continuing the legacy of this well-known text, authors Brady and Estes have fully updated and re-energized the content to accurately represent modern real estate practice in California today. Coverage of the SAFE Act and its impact on mortgage brokers has been added along with current information on homestead laws, buyer's agency, senior community exceptions to fair housing laws, and much more.
Each chapter includes learning objectives, preview, summary, highlighted important terms, practical applications and review questions to boost user comprehension and mastery of material. Designed entirely around the salesperson exam's content, this book is easy-to understand, yet rigorous in its learning models to reinforce information necessary to pass the exam. The 150-question practice exam included is similar in format and content to the actual real estate salesperson exam with answers and test-taking hints.
Additional Product Information
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Real Estate.
2. PART I: LEGAL DESCRIPTION, METHOD OF ACQUIRING TITLE, AND DEEDS.
PART II: ESTATES AND METHODS OF HOLDING TITLE.
3. Encumbrances, Liens, and Homesteads.
4. Real Estate Agency.
5. Real Estate Contracts and Mandated Disclosures.
6. Practical Real Estates Mathematics.
7. Introduction to Real Estate Finance.
8. PART I: REAL ESTATE LENDERS.
PART II: FHA, VA, CAL-VET LOANS, AND THE SECONDARY MORTGAGE MARKET.
9. Real Estate Appraisal.
10. The Role of Escrow and Title Insurance Companies.
11. Landlord and Tenant Relations.
12. Land-Use Planning, Subdivisions, Fair Housing and Other Public Controls.
13. Introduction to Taxation.
14. Single-Family Homes and Mobile Homes.
15. A Career in Real Estate and the Department of Real Estate License Examination Requirements.
Practice Real Estate Sales Exam.
Answers to Practice Exam.
Answers to Practical Application Questions.
Answers to Reviewing Your Understanding.