History doesn't have to be dull, and this text is living proof with coverage of interesting topics ranging from the controversial use of IQ tests at Ellis Island to the psychodynamics of gum chewing. A market leader for over 30 years, A HISTORY OF MODERN PSYCHOLOGY has been praised for its comprehensive coverage and biographical approach. Focusing on modern psychology, the book's coverage begins with the late 19th century. Successfully avoiding dry narrative, the authors personalize the history of psychology not only by using biographical information on influential theorists, but also by showing you how major events in those theorists' lives have affected the authors' own ideas, approaches, and methods. Substantial updates in this edition include discussions of evolutionary psychology, cognitive neuroscience, and positive psychology. The result is a book that is as timely and relevant today as it was when it was first introduced.
Additional Product Information
Table of Contents
1. The Study of the History of Psychology.
2. Philosophical Influences on Psychology.
3. Physiological Influences on Psychology.
4. The New Psychology.
6. Functionalism: Antecedent Influences.
7. Functionalism: Development and Founding.
8. Applied Psychology: The Legacy of Functionalism.
9. Behaviorism: Antecedent Influences.
10. Behaviorism: The Beginnings.
11. Behaviorism: After the Founding.
12. Gestalt Psychology.
13. Psychoanalysis: The Beginnings.
14. Psychoanalysis: After the Founding.
15. Contemporary Developments in Psychology.
Best Buy Packages
Other Popular Packages
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your
Cengage Learning representative for more information.
Bundle: A History of Modern Psychology, 10th + Custom Enrichment Module: Careers in Psychology: Opportunities in a Changing World, 3rd
ISBN-10: 1133157890 | ISBN-13: 9781133157892
List Price = $272.95
| CengageBrain Price = $217.99