Practical PC, 6th Edition
- June Jamrich Parsons
- Dan Oja
- ISBN-10: 0538746726 | ISBN-13: 9780538746724
- 336 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2009, 2006, 2003
- © 2011 | Published
- Newer Edition Available
Part of the Practical series, this text offers an engaging, interactive approach to teaching PC concepts. The companion BookOnCD features videos, animations, screen tours, and activities, giving students hands-on experience with their PC.
PART A: PC BASICS.
1. Getting Started.
2. Looking at Windows.
3. Installing and Learning Software.
PART B: COMPUTER FILES.
4. File Basics.
5. Organizing Files and Folders.
6. Protecting Your Files.
PART C: THE INTERNET, THE WEB, AND E-MAIL.
7. Connecting to the Internet.
8. Browsing and Searching the Web.
9. Sending E-mail and Attachments.
PART D: APPLICATION SOFTWARE.
10. Writing and Printing Documents.
11. Working with Spreadsheets.
12. Accessing Databases.
13. Making Presentations.
PART E: GRAPHICS, SOUND, AND VIDEO.
14. Working with Graphics.
15. Recording and Editing Sound.
16. Creating Desktop Video and Animation.
PART F: UPGRADES AND EXPANSION.
17. Looking "Under the Hood".
18. Buying PC.
19. Upgrading and Expanding Your PC.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1111869413 | ISBN-13: 9781111869410
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Now all instructor materials are available on one convenient, easy-to-use DVD. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, this DVD has instructor files unique to the textbook. A variety of ancillaries are also included, such as data and solution files, syllabi, and PowerPoint® presentations. All of these tools can help motivate students and enhance their knowledge and course appreciation.