Discover success in finance as you examine today's most relevant financial concepts in PRINCIPLES OF FINANCE, Fourth Edition, by leading authors Besley/Brigham. This reader-friendly, practical survey text combines coverage of financial markets and institutions, investments, and managerial finance with an emphasis on the financial tools you need for personal financial success.
You will immediately see the relevance and value of the information you are learning. New features in each chapter clearly demonstrate how topics relate to your personal financial needs and can influence both immediate and long-term common financial decisions. Expanded coverage of spreadsheets within relevant chapters, appendices, and an end-of-book tutorial ensure you know how to maximize this critical tool for financial decisions.
Find the diversity of coverage and practical financial strengths for success in today's course and your future beyond with Besley/Brigham's PRINCIPLES OF FINANCE, Fourth Edition.
Additional Product Information
Table of Contents
Part I: GENERAL FINANCE CONCEPTS.
1. An Overview of Finance.
2. Financial Assets (Instruments).
3. Financial Markets and the Investment Banking Process.
4. Financial Intermediaries and the Banking System.
5. The Cost of Money (Interest Rates).
Part II: GENERAL BUSINESS CONCEPTS.
6. Business Organizations and the Tax Environment.
7. Analysis of Financial Statements.
8. Financial Planning and Control.
Part III: FUNDAMENTALS OF VALUATION.
9. The Time Value of Money.
10. Valuation Concepts.
11. Risk and Rates of Return.
Part IV: CORPORATE DECISION MAKING.
12. The Cost of Capital.
13. Capital Budgeting.
14. Capital Structure and Dividend Policy Decisions.
15. Working Capital Management.
Part V: INVESTOR DECISION MAKING.
16. Investment Concepts.
17. Security Valuation and Selection.
Appendix A: Using Spreadsheets to Solve Financial Problems.
Appendix B: Solutions to Self-Test Problems.
Appendix C: Answers to End-of-Chapter Problems.
Appendix D: Selected Equations.