About The Solution
Discover success in finance as you examine today's most relevant financial concepts in PRINCIPLES OF FINANCE, Fourth Edition, by leading authors Besley/Brigham. This reader-friendly, practical survey text combines coverage of financial markets and institutions, investments, and managerial finance with an emphasis on the financial tools you need for personal financial success.
You will immediately see the relevance and value of the information you are learning. New features in each chapter clearly demonstrate how topics relate to your personal financial needs and can influence both immediate and long-term common financial decisions. Expanded coverage of spreadsheets within relevant chapters, appendices, and an end-of-book tutorial ensure you know how to maximize this critical tool for financial decisions.
Find the diversity of coverage and practical financial strengths for success in today's course and your future beyond with Besley/Brigham's PRINCIPLES OF FINANCE, Fourth Edition.
Additional Product Information
- Wealth of ethical dilemmas reflects today's challenges: A variety of practical ethical dilemmas throughout the book emphasize critical ethical questions prompted by actual recent world events. These ethical challenges prepare students for challenges facing individuals and corporations today.
- Fresh Managerial Perspectives demonstrate the impact of finance: Each chapter captures students' attention from the first page with opening Managerial Perspectives that detail actual, intriguing events related to the chapter content. Clear, engaging prose demonstrates the impact of finance in today's world and in recent news.
- Strong discussion of interest rates prepares today's student: Expanded discussion of interest rates in Chapter 5 closely examines factors that affect interest rates, forecasting interest rates, and how interest rates are determined in the financial markets. Students gain the understanding they need for future success.
- Chapter Principles--Personal Finance relate topics to personal decisions: Capture students' attention and emphasize the practicality of what they're learning with new Chapter Principles--Personal Finance sections. This unique feature relates chapter topics to the reader's own financial needs and decisions--from the immediate evaluation of a car loan to long-term plans, such as investing for retirement.
- Expanded emphasis on spreadsheets maximizes students' skills: Additional instruction on spreadsheets within each relevant chapter as well as throughout chapter appendices emphasizes how to best use this critical financial tool. A special end-of-the-book tutorial demonstrates how to maximize spreadsheet functions to solve financial problems, particularly those related to Time Value of Money.
Table of Contents
Part I: GENERAL FINANCE CONCEPTS.
1. An Overview of Finance.
2. Financial Assets (Instruments).
3. Financial Markets and the Investment Banking Process.
4. Financial Intermediaries and the Banking System.
5. The Cost of Money (Interest Rates).
Part II: GENERAL BUSINESS CONCEPTS.
6. Business Organizations and the Tax Environment.
7. Analysis of Financial Statements.
8. Financial Planning and Control.
Part III: FUNDAMENTALS OF VALUATION.
9. The Time Value of Money.
10. Valuation Concepts.
11. Risk and Rates of Return.
Part IV: CORPORATE DECISION MAKING.
12. The Cost of Capital.
13. Capital Budgeting.
14. Capital Structure and Dividend Policy Decisions.
15. Working Capital Management.
Part V: INVESTOR DECISION MAKING.
16. Investment Concepts.
17. Security Valuation and Selection.
Appendix A: Using Spreadsheets to Solve Financial Problems.
Appendix B: Solutions to Self-Test Problems.
Appendix C: Answers to End-of-Chapter Problems.
Appendix D: Selected Equations.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title’s "About the Solution" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
(ISBN-10: 0324655908 | ISBN-13: 9780324655902)
Conveniently test your students' understanding with this proven Test Bank that includes True/False questions, Multiple-Choice conceptual questions and problems, as well as Financial Calculator Multiple-Choice problems. Quick reference solutions and questions labeled by level of difficulty make the Test Bank easy to use. A Word version of the Test Bank is available on the IRCD.
(ISBN-10: 0324655916 | ISBN-13: 9780324655919)
Bring your lectures to life with this comprehensive set of PowerPoint® slides that features all essential topics presented in each chapter. Students can print out slides for note-taking during class or can use the slides for chapter review. PowerPoint® slides are available on the Instructor's Resources CD-ROM (IRCD) or as a download from the Companion Website (http://academic.cengage.com/finance/besley).
(ISBN-10: 0324655924 | ISBN-13: 9780324655926)
Make test preparation, scoring, and grading easy with this reliable test creation software. Customize tests from the proven Test Bank to meet your specific needs as ExamView® software makes it easy to add, edit, delete, or reorganize test items.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
(ISBN-10: 0324655932 | ISBN-13: 9780324655933)
Place all of the key teaching resources you need at your fingertips with this all-in-one, time-saving resource. You will have complete access to Word versions of the Instructor's Manual as well as the Test Bank and PowerPoint® slides.
(ISBN-10: 0324655894 | ISBN-13: 9780324655896)
This convenient Instructor's Manual includes a wealth of suggestions for using the book's learning features and supplements. You will find tips for using ethical dilemmas as well as references to the real situations that inspired those dilemmas. You will also find suggestions for class discussion, answers to end-of-chapter questions and problems, and solutions to end-of-chapter integrative problems.