“Students who practice their skills in SAM are scoring at 90 percent or higher
at more than double the rate of students not practicing their skills.”
– Steven Freund, instructor, University of Central Florida
Re-Energize with New Content & Features
- Interactive Computer Concepts labs — enhance student understanding of topics such as computer hardware, safety and
security, computer networks and more through simulated trainings and interactive assessments.
- New Projects — now tied more closely to chapter learning objectives feature improved cheating detection, partial-credit
grading options, and advanced-level projects.
- Mac hints — support students on Apple devices with tips and tricks for completing certain training tasks on a Mac.
- Expanded collection of MindTap Readers — in SAM, for leading Cengage Learning titles, allows instructors to provide
students with a fully integrated online solution.
- Student Assignment screens — present assignments in a calendar view and a list view, enabling students to keep track
of assignments and due dates more easily.
Save Time with New Course Management Tools
- Express Assignment Creation — set up your entire course in minutes with the Express Assignment Creation tool. Then roll
it out across multiple sections with the Section Copy Tool.
- Individual Assignment Tool — schedule an assignment for one student or a small group of students quickly and easily.
- Playback feature — allows you to explain and defend a student’s assessment score by viewing a video of each action the
student took in completing a task.
- Institutional Reporting — generate reports across multiple sections in one click.
- Reporting Enhancements — new score normalization and student frequency analysis reports give you more control over
grading and transparency into student progress.
- Dropbox — share files with students using the new Dropbox feature.