Request for consultation
With an emphasis on both practice and theory, MAINTENANCE FUNDAMENTALS FOR WIND TECHNICIANS provides a comprehensive introduction to the field of wind energy that is appropriate for any electrical or mechanical technician. Through topics such as developing a preventative maintenance program, determining the performance of a wind turbine system, and monitoring improvement through system data analysis, this text teaches students the skills they need to be successful wind energy technicians. Safety-related practices, such as working at heights, tower rescue practices, and offshore projects, are emphasized to ensure that students understand the hazards associated with working in the wind industry. Filled with pedagogy such as hands-on exercises, applications, troubleshooting tips, and learning objectives keyed to AWEA skills, students will learn everything they need to know about maintaining, servicing and troubleshooting turbines on wind farms.
- Safety concepts are included to help students understand how to reduce or eliminate potential hazards.
- Technical concepts are reinforced to demonstrate how preventative maintenance improves equipment performance.
- Reference material is included to assist electrical and mechanical technicians in bridging the gap between the two disciplines.
- Technical material shows students how to implement safe work activities.
- Preventative maintenance activity examples help students understand the skills that are required for technicians.
2. Tower Safety.
3. Workplace Safety.
4. Workplace Hazards.
6. Fluid Power.
7. Bolting Practices.
8. Test Equipment.
9. Component Alignment.
10. Down Tower Area.
12. Machine Head.
13. Drive Train Assembly.
15. Rotor Assembly.
16. External Surfaces.
17. Developing a Preventative Maintenance Program.
18. Park Management Tools.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor Resource commonly includes PowerPoint presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.