Request for consultation
METAL FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR AGRICULTURE, 2E provides your students with an easy-to-understand, safety-conscious introduction to agricultural welding processes and techniques. Each section of this full-color book begins by introducing your students to equipment and materials used in agricultural welding and includes complete setup instructions. The subsequent chapters in each section allow your students to learn individual welding techniques in various applications and positions. METAL FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR AGRICULTURE, 2E provides extensive coverage of brazing and specialized nonmetallic fabrication, designed to lead your students step-by-step in developing the skills necessary for welding all types of agricultural machinery. Each chapter includes close up shots of actual welds and learning aids that have been proven to be effective, making this how-to and reference manual a key resource for students participating in agriculture education programs throughout the country.
- Includes a completely updated chapter on plasma cutting.
- Updated art and photos throughout the book reflect current welding equipment, supplies, materials, and processes.
- Gas Metal Arc Welding and Flux Cored Arc Welding reflect new filler metals, processes, and applications.
- Contains experiments that allow students to develop new, hands-on skills while gaining an understanding of the parameters of each welding process discussed in the book.
- Includes practices that provide opportunities for your students to fine-tune their skills using different materials and different material thicknesses in a variety of positions.
- Provides maximum flexibility with stand-alone chapters that enable students to pick and choose topics for study based on their particular needs or interests.
- Covers fabricating, layout, assembly, and finishing techniques, allowing students to put their welding skills to practical use.
2. Safety in Welding and Fabrication.
3. Oxyfuel Welding and Cutting Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
4. Oxyacetylene Welding.
5. Soldering and Brazing.
6. Oxyacetylene Cutting.
7. Plasma Arc Cutting.
8. Shielded Metal Arc Equipment, Setup, and Operations.
9. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Plate.
10. Shielded Metal Arc Welding of Pipe.
11. Gas Metal Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
12. Gas Metal Arc Welding.
13. Flux Cored Arc Welding Equipment, Setup, and Operation.
14. Flux Cored Arc Welding.
15. Filler Metal Selection.
16. Weldability of Metals.
17. Welding Joint Design, Welding Symbols, and Fabrication.
18. Plastic and Other Nonmetallic Fabrication Techniques.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources CD includes computerized test questions keyed to each chapter in the text, an image library with images from the text, a PowerPoint presentation for each chapter, and an electronic version of the Instructor's Manual.
Includes quizzes, figure labeling exercises, additional exercises and projects.