Request for consultation
Now in its eighth edition, this hands-on blueprint reading guide contains the most comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of welding symbols and their application to welding prints and practices. BLUEPRINT READING FOR WELDERS, 8th Edition provides the knowledge needed to interpret all types of working sketches and prints, from the simplest to the most complex, through step-by-step instructions. Both AWS and ISO welding symbols are included, along with prints at the end of each unit. The book's advanced coverage includes auxiliary views, detail views, projections, sections, and detail and assembly drawings. This latest edition incorporates changes that reflect the most current weld symbols, dimensioning practices, and specifications used on prints, so readers can feel confident they are getting cutting-edge information that they can easily apply to work in the field.
- review assignments at the end of every chapter reinforce critical content.
- coverage of pipe welding symbols prepares readers for alternate career paths in the welding industry.
- valuable Appendices include specification sheets for structural metal shapes, a table of weld symbols, and conversion tables for decimals, fractions, inches, and millimeters.
- USA system of measurement - metric conversions also included for quick reference.
- folded tear-out drawings at the back of the book are included as reproductions of various assignment drawings in a larger size for ease of use.
- all new 2-sided plastic Weld Symbols Wheel written in English and Spanish, listing 30 types of welds by name and symbol included with the book.
Notes and Specifications.
Bill of Materials.
Detail, Assembly, and Subassembly Prints.
Welding Symbols and Abbreviations.
Basic Joints for Weldmont Fabrications.
Back or Backing and Melt-Thru Welds.
Plug and Slot Welds.
Surfacing Welds .
Applied Metrics for Welders.
Inspection and Testing.
International Standard Symbols for Welding.
Introduction to Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD).
Introduction to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Appendix 1: Inch-Millimeter Equivalents.
Appendix 2: Structural Metal Shape Designations.
Appendix 3: Pipe Dimentions and Weights.
Appendix 4: Table Conversion of Pipe Sizes to Metric.
Appendix 5: Drill Dimensions Chart.
Appendix 6: Steel Rule Diagrams.
Appendix 7: Metric Threads-Fine and Coarse.
Appendix 8: Computer Glossary.
The Instructor Resources CD includes computerized test questions keyed to each chapter in the text, an image library with images from the text, a PowerPoint presentation for each chapter, and an electronic version of the Instructor's Manual.
Includes quizzes, figure labeling exercises, additional exercises and projects.