Request for consultation
Working with and understanding pharmacy management software is an essential skill for the pharmacy technician. CLERICAL AND DATA MANAGEMENT FOR THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN covers all operations of pharmacy, from entering prescription data to third party insurance billing. Through its step-by-step approach and numerous screen visuals, students will easily learn how to enter customer and inventory data into a pharmacy computer system. With coverage of topics such as entering patient information, entering insurance information, entering prescriptions, and running reports, students will be prepared for their vital role in the day to day operations of any type of pharmacy. Examples of forms, prescriptions, and invoices ensure that students are trained in the proper clerical processes required of them in various practice settings.
- Step-by-step instructions with corresponding screen images make it easy for students to learn how to enter information in the computer system.
- Exercises are included in each chapter to give students practice performing various functions.
- Each chapter contains an explanation of where and how the information is obtained as well as the importance of coordinating all information with the pharmacist.
- Introduces the ApotheSoft pharmacy management software to teach computer data and inventory management skills.
1. Entering a New Patient (Customer).
2. Entering the Doctor's Information.
3. Inputting Inventory.
4. Entering Insurance Claim Information.
5. Pricing Table.
6. Inputting Compounds .
7. Entering Intravenous Medication Compounds.
8. Entering Prescriptions.
9. Running Reports.
10. Medication Administration Records.
Appendix A: Sample Forms.
Appendix B: Health Insurance Claim Form (CMS-1500) Completion Instructions.
Appendix C: Patient and Physician Directory.
Appendix D: Medication Administration Forms.