Request for consultation
Designed to expose pharmacy technician students to the responsibilities of inventory and materials management, VIRTUAL INVENTORY MANAGEMENT FOR TECHNICIANS is an engaging multimedia-learning tool that helps students build the skills needed to run a pharmacy effectively. Through a “virtual” pharmacy, students are provided with complex real-world scenarios that allow them the opportunity to utilize their skills and knowledge to respond to customer requests, interact with the pharmacist or co-workers, and handle the challenges that arise each day at the pharmacy. In a learning game, students are also provided with virtual resources such as co-workers and manuals to assist in making critical decisions. Through multiple opportunities for practice as well as coverage of topics such as inventory levels, drug recalls, the "want book," storage, and drug research, students hone the professional skill-set needed to succeed on the job.
- Through simulation, students practice and apply the concepts learned in the classroom.
- Coverage includes topics such as inventory levels, drug recalls, the "want book," storage, and drug research.
- Soft skills such as interacting with customers and coworkers are reinforced throughout.
- Critical decision making skills are honed as the student makes the correct choices to get to the desired outcome.
- Designed as a self-study/independent-study class supplement, this innovative product requires minimal feedback from the instructor.
2. Verification of DEA Numbers.
3. Partial Fill of a Narcotic.
4. Possible Theft of Narcotic Medications.
5. Drug Recall.
6. Improper Storage of Medication.
7. Ordering and Receiving Medication.
8. Expired Drug.
9. Stocking Medication Carts.
10. National Drug Shortage.
11. Destruction of a Controlled Substance.