Request for consultation
VETERINARY OFFICE PRACTICE, 2ND Edition provides an inside look at the roles and responsibilities of veterinary assistants in animal hospitals or private veterinary practice, along with detailed instruction on scheduling, client relations, charting, case management software, billing, and more. In addition to clear objectives and easy-to-understand concepts, VETERINARY OFFICE PRACTICE, 2ND Edition’s comprehensive coverage includes case studies and review exercises to enhance student learning experience., and an instructor manual that includes suggested assignments, test bank questions and answers as well as answers to the case studies and review questions found in the book.
- Clear definition of roles found in the veterinary office.
- New Case Scenarios: Updated realistic case studies that encourage reader to apply chapter concepts.
- Updated Art: New photographs, and updated tables and data ground the reader in the current marketplace, and encourage deeper comprehension of the subject matter.
- Expanded Discussions of Key Topics: Greater attention has been given to several subjects including ethics, use of computers in the office, zoonotic diseases, safety hazards, time and stress management, and others, to cover even more of the issues veterinary assistants face at work.
- Practical “How To” Instructions: This text outlines very specifically what the reader should say, how to act, and what to do in unfamiliar and often sensitive situations in a veterinary assistant’s workday (such as euthanizing an animal), making the text a practical resource for the beginner.
- Ample Self-Test Exercises: Readers will challenge themselves with the case studies and review exercises throughout the book, which reinforce the reading material and test students on their acquired knowledge and skills.
- Essential “People Skills” Training: Working well with people may be foreign to new veterinary assistants, which is why the text highlights the most professional and productive ways to handle interpersonal relationships, including nonverbal communication and stress management.
- Effective Online Resources: Today’s learners demand more than lectures and reading, and VETERINARY OFFICE PRACTICE, 2ND Edition delivers. Every chapter includes helpful website recommendations and online resources to take learning beyond the classroom and into the real world.
2. Care and Maintenance of the Veterinary Practice Facility.
3. Front Office and Receptionist Duties
5. Communication Skills.
6. Interacting with Clients.
9. Financial Matters.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The instructor’s Manual serves as an instructional resource and providing a test bank with answers; answers to review and case study questions found in the book; key learning objectives, and additional student assignments.