Request for consultation
USING THE ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORD IN THE HEALTH CARE PROVIDER PRACTICE, 2E is a practical, hands-on guide that walks students through all facets of electronic health record (EHR) usage in the workplace. The textbook addresses both sides of EHR systems: from administrative functions like billing systems and scheduling appointments to clinical tasks like charting in progress notes and working with diagnostic orders and results.
- Updated information on important topics like the HITECH Act, "Meaningful Use" Criteria, and the ONC-ATCB EHR Certification.
- Program prepares students to address these issues effectively.
- Focuses on the practical application of EHRs to help students develop the confidence and skills they need to be successful on the job.
- Separate discussions of each EHR component as its own function prepare students for medical offices that use only selected functions of EHR systems.
- Case situations, summaries, and review questions help students master the material.
- Key terms, an acronym glossary, and plentiful margin notes familiarize students with standard EHR terminology and abbreviations.
2. Taking Steps Toward a Successful EHR Implementation.
3. The EHR Framework.
4. The EHR Record and Content.
5. Patient Visit Management.
6. Problem, Medication, and Allergy Lists.
7. Examination/ Assessment Notes, Graphics, and Charts.
8. Treatment Plan, Orders, and Results.
9. Medication Orders and Administration.
10. Patient Communications.
11. Coding, Billing, and Practice Reports.
12. Research, Registries, and Reportable Events.
13. Personal Health Records and Continuing Care Records.
Appendix A. How to Use e-Medsys® Education Edition 2.0 from TriMed Technologies
Appendix B. e-Medsys® Education Edition 2.0 Computer Exploration Exercises.
Glossary of Key Terms.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources includes instructor slide presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint® for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.