Request for consultation
Create a dynamic self-paced and self-directed learning environment for students, or even current business owners, to master the essentials of QuickBooks® Online Plus (QBO). Readers review their understanding of financial accounting and reporting as Owen's new QUICKBOOKS® ONLINE FOR ACCOUNTING focuses exclusively on QBO. With easy-to-read instructions, examples, demonstration videos, and manageable assignments, this edition requires little, if any, in-class-instruction. This self-paced tool is an ideal supplement to any accounting course. Readers logically progress through real-life case examples and assignments. The first chapter discusses important differences between QuickBooks'® desktop and online versions and demonstrates how users can efficiently import files. Readers also learn how to solve accounting issues and generate valuable financial accounting reports using this online computerized accounting software application that requires no lab or software installation.
- UPDATES REFLECT All OF THE LATEST CHANGES TO QBO. The author has carefully reviewed each step to ensure all improvements to the latest version of QuickBooks Online are incorporated into this new edition.
- NEW SCREEN IMAGES OF QBO APPEAR THROUGHOUT THIS EDITION. Clear and current screen images from the newest version of QuickBooks Online visually reinforce learning and ensure readers understand the capabilities of the software application.
- UPDATED RECENT DATES REFLECT A MORE CURRENT YEAR AND CONTEMPORARY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT. Readers feel confident they are working with the most recent information. Examples and activities are timely and current with more recent dates integrated throughout.
- NEW CASE OFFERS EVEN MORE REAL-WORLD PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES. A new, third case appears in this edition to offer more varied opportunities to practice QBO skills and apply accounting knowledge.
- SELF-PACED APPROACH MAKES THIS BOOK THE IDEALSUPPLEMENT TO A REGULAR ACCOUNTING COURSE. Easy-to-read instructions, examples and manageable assignments require little, if any, in-class instruction. Students logically progress through real-life case examples and assignments.
- DEMONSTRATION VIDEOS WALK STUDENTS THROUGH ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS PROCESSES. Video demonstrations, available on the student companion website, are referenced with a Demonstration Icon in the margin of the printed text. These stand-alone, full-action demonstration videos show step-by-step illustrations of the specific business processes explained in this text.
- STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES GUIDE STUDY AND INSTRUCTION IN EACH CHAPTER. Every chapter begins with a listing of expected learning outcomes followed by a detailed, step-by-step explanation of how students can achieve those outcomes. In most chapters the explanations depict a Sample Company created by Intuit®. Using this company, the author demonstrates how various operating, investing, and financing activities of a business are captured and reported in QBO. End-of-chapter questions and a student case follow to reinforce these explanations.
- END-OF-CHAPTER QUESTIONS STRENGTHEN STUDENTS’ COMPREHENSION. Specially designed questions at the end of each chapter help students review the concepts and processes explained in the chapter. A matching section reviews and ensures retention of the chapter's important terms and definitions.
- STUDENT CASES REINFORCE CONCEPTS WITH HANDS-ON PRACTICE. Each case provides key information for students to add data to their company files. Chapters build upon information from previous chapters’ cases. For success in learning, students must complete the previous chapter's student case before attempting the next chapter's case.
- THE BOOK AND QBO FOCUS ON ONE COMPANY CASE. Each licensed copy of QBO works with only one company other than the sample company provided online. To work seamlessly with this approach, the book emphasizes one case for illustration and practice, rather than multiple cases as in the author's other QuickBooks® texts.
- COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTIONS APPEAR IN THE INSTRUCTOR'S MANUAL. Save time in grading and ensuring student comprehension with easily found complete solutions for each chapter's student case in the valuable instructor’s manual.
2. Examining a Sample Company.
3. Creating a New Company.
4. Recording Operating Activities: Sales and Cash Receipts.
5. Recording Operating Activities: Purchases and Cash Payments.
6. Recording Investing and Financing Activities.
7. Recording Payroll Activities.
8. Creating Budgets and Bank Reconciliations.
9. Recording Adjusting Entries.
10. Creating Financial Statements and Reports.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.